Other Information & Dates
Thursday 15th and Friday 16th June 2017 (2 day course)
Seabridge Primary School, Roe Lane, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 3PJ
This two-day Level 1 P4C Foundation course is being run by SAPERE in partnership with Neil Phillipson of 21st Century Learners. Suitable for teachers from all key stages, student teachers, teaching assistants, governors and parents.
The cost per person is £200.00. This represents great value for money - a third less than the usual cost of a Level 1 course.
Please note that delegates will be required to bring a packed lunch with them both days.
An erstwhile Head of Science in a secondary school, Neil’s career was transformed by an encounter with Philosophy for Children in 2009. Since then he has worked as a local authority and National Strategies consultant, and now runs his own business, 21st Century Learners. He is a SAPERE-registered Level 1 trainer in P4C, running regular ‘open courses’ and working in schools to help them to develop philosophical thinking. Much of his work involves the facilitation of rich dialogue (sometimes through drama) in educational and other settings, and is underpinned by the belief that the way in which we respond to other perspectives is central to the quality of our learning and our wider relationships.
Elements of this course include:
• An introduction to the theory and practice of P4C
• Opportunities to experience philosophical enquiry first-hand
• Developing children’s capacity to ask meaningful questions
• A framework for developing children’s caring, collaborative, critical and creative thinking skills
• Connecting P4C with the curriculum
• Gain certification at Level 1 SAPERE (opening the way to progression to Levels 2 and 3)
• Develop the confidence to start practising P4C in the classroom
• Experience pedagogical approaches that can be applied to their wider practice
• Receive a copy of the comprehensive Level 1 Handbook
To continue with your booking, please click 'Continue' below. You will have the option to pay by card, or to request an invoice if your employer is funding your place.