Other Information & Dates
Please note: Open ‘in school’ courses are those that are hosted by a school but are open to everyone. If the school has had whole school P4C training the cost for participants would be £200. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after booking, quoting the course ID code, and we will amend the fee accordingly.
Completion of the course and facilitating 6 P4C sessions will qualify you for a P4C Initial Practitioner certificate.
Lunch will be provided and refreshments will be served at break times.
Start practising P4C straight away:
- Encourage philosophical questioning and dialogue
- Learn how to facilitate a P4C enquiry
- Identify resources to stimulate rich discussions with young people
The two-day course:
- Introduces the theory and practice of P4C
- Provides tools to develop students’ questioning and thinking skills
- Connects P4C to the curriculum
- Demonstrates philosophical enquiry in practice
- Presents P4C resources and sources of teaching materials
Click here to read more about the Level 1 P4C Foundation Course.
Trainer Profile: Flick Dunkley
Flick is a Global Learning specialist who believes that philosophical enquiry is the best way to engage children with the global concepts of social justice, diversity, sustainability, rights and peace and conflict. She works with teachers and children and young people of all key stages from Early Years to Key Stage 4. She’d be interested in working with adult communities too.
Flick is passionate about living sustainably and fairly, and linking this with philosophical enquiry. She has a large vegetable garden, keeps chickens and is also a yoga teacher and feels all these things are an important part of being a practical philosopher.
Location: Fordingbridge, Hampshire, but also works in London
To continue with your booking, please click 'Continue' below. You will have the option to pay by card, or to request an invoice if your employer is funding your place.