Other Information & Dates
Please note: Open ‘in school’ courses are those that are hosted by a school but are open to everyone.
Completion of the course and facilitating 6 P4C sessions will qualify you for a P4C Initial Practitioner certificate.
Lunch will be provided and refreshments will be served at break times.
Start practising P4C straight away:
- Encourage philosophical questioning and dialogue
- Learn how to facilitate a P4C enquiry
- Identify resources to stimulate rich discussions with young people
The two-day course:
- Introduces the theory and practice of P4C
- Provides tools to develop students’ questioning and thinking skills
- Connects P4C to the curriculum
- Demonstrates philosophical enquiry in practice
- Presents P4C resources and sources of teaching materials
Click here to read more about the Level 1 P4C Foundation Course.
Trainer Profile - Lisa Naylor:
Lisa joined Gallions Primary School as a class teacher in 2001 and has been an Advanced Skills Teacher (AST) in Philosophy for Children (P4C) since July 2005. She has been a registered trainer with SAPERE since August 2005. She frequently runs P4C courses, as well as INSETs and training for schools in both Newham and across the country. Lisa was involved in making our P4C training DVD Thinking Allowed which shows the dramatic impact that P4C has had on our school and speaks about P4C regularly at network meetings and conferences. Lisa is available to run courses and INSET sessions across the south-east.
|TKAT academies and SE London schools||£200.00
To continue with your booking, please click 'Continue' below. You will have the option to pay by card, or to request an invoice if your employer is funding your place.