Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates from SAPERE
Update: 1 April 2020, temporary changes to the Award submission process
We have made some temporary changes to the Award submissions process.
- If you are able to complete your Award submission, we encourage you to do so. Please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear with us, as assessments are likely to take longer than normal.
- If you are successful, we will notify you that your school has received an Award.
- If more evidence is required, we will ask you to provide this once your school has re-opened.
- Gold Award visits will not take place during this time, but will be scheduled as soon as we are able to once schools re-open.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept cheques for Awards application fees at the moment as our staff are currently working from home. Please contact email@example.com for payment details.
If you have a query about your Award submission, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update: 26 March 2020
Following official advice regarding Covid-19, we have postponed all SAPERE face-to-face training for the time being.
If you have booked a place on a SAPERE-run course which has been postponed, you should have received an email from us. We are hoping to run a full programme of courses from the autumn and we will transfer you to another course as soon as we can. If you have booked a place on an Independent course, your trainer will contact you directly to update you.
Our team are working hard to provide online P4C support and resources which families can use at home. P4C is perfect for allowing children the space to talk about concepts such as anxiety, worry and hope, and we want to support children and their families to create their own communities of enquiry at home. We are also working on resources for our SAPERE P4C teachers and schools to help them support their students in these challenging times. We know this is uncharted territory for teaching staff who are doing everything they can for their schools. Watch this space.
You can keep up-to-date with P4C and with the support and resources we’ll be making available in the coming months by signing up for our regular P4C News Updates here.
Our staff are working from home to answer emails and calls as usual. Please get in touch if we can help: email@example.com, tel 01865 408333, or via Twitter or Facebook.
Keep well and keep doing P4C. We need our communities of enquiry more than ever in these challenging times.