P4C and oracy
Oracy is our ability to communicate effectively using spoken language. This means having the ability to
- express yourself effectively and with confidence
- speak eloquently, articulate ideas and thoughts
- influence through talking and to listen/respond to others
- have the vocabulary to say what you want to say
- structure your thoughts so that they make sense to others
These are all skills that we teach explicitly and practise in P4C.
Developing oracy through P4C © SAPERE/Ian Wallman 2018
That's why, in September 2019, we submitted evidence to the enquiry by the Oracy All-Party Parliamentary Group, Speak for Change, which aims to improve oracy education in schools.
A summary of our evidence will be available here shortly.