P4C Foundation Course Level 1
You can now reserve places on our new online P4C Foundation Course Level 1
With face-to-face training temporarily suspended, our online Level 1 is a great opportunity to train now to be ready to introduce P4C to students, both online and in the classroom.
The course is delivered via Zoom, in three four-hour modules over three weeks, and offers a cost-effective and flexible way for teachers to engage in CPD. It can be accessed from home or from a workspace. Numbers are limited to just twelve on each course.
We have temporarily suspended course bookings for our face-to-face Level 1 courses but hope to run a full programme of courses from autumn 2020. Please check back regularly for updates.
Start practising P4C with your students
Our courses will enable you to start practising P4C with your students straight away. You will learn how to:
- encourage philosophical questioning and dialogue
- facilitate a P4C enquiry in your classroom
- identify resources to stimulate rich discussions among your students
The Level 1 course:
- introduces the theory and practice of P4C
- provides tools to develop students’ questioning and thinking skills
- connects P4C to the curriculum
- demonstrates philosophical enquiry in practice
- presents P4C resources and sources of teaching materials
Completion of the course and the facilitation of six P4C sessions will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Initial Practitioner Certificate.
Online courses: module dates and times
Online courses take place via Zoom and are delivered through three four-hour modules. The module dates and time of each course listed below are as follows:
- Tuesday 9 June, Tuesday 16 June, Tuesday 23 June: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm (SOLD OUT)
- Thursday 11 June, Thursday 18 June, Thursday 25 June: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Monday 29 June, Monday 6 July, Monday 15 July: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Wednesday 1 July, Wednesday 8 July, Wednesday 17 July: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Tuesday 4 August, Thursday 6 August, Tuesday 11 August: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Monday 28 September, Monday 5 October, Monday 12 October: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Wednesday 30 September, Wednesday 8 October, Wednesday 14 October: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Tuesday 3 November, Tuesday 10 November, Tuesday 17 November: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Thursday 5 November, Thursday 12 November, Thursday 19 November: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
Booking online courses
We are experiencing temporary problems with online booking. Please do not use the buttons below to book but email Susan Holding on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01865 408333 to reserve your place. Online booking will be available soon.