P4C Foundation Course Level 1
Our new online P4C Foundation Course Level 1 is now live
With face-to-face training currently suspended, our online Level 1 is a great opportunity to train now to be ready to introduce P4C to students, both online and in the classroom.
The course is delivered via Zoom, in three four-hour modules over three weeks, and offers a cost-effective and flexible way for teachers to engage in CPD. It can be accessed from home or from a workspace. Numbers are limited to just twelve on each course.
Go straight to Online Booking
We hope to be able to run face-to-face courses as soon as possible. Please check back regularly for updates.
Start practising P4C with your students
Our courses will enable you to start practising P4C with your students straight away. You will learn how to:
- encourage philosophical questioning and dialogue
- facilitate a P4C enquiry in your classroom
- identify resources to stimulate rich discussions among your students
The Level 1 course:
- introduces the theory and practice of P4C
- provides tools to develop students’ questioning and thinking skills
- connects P4C to the curriculum
- demonstrates philosophical enquiry in practice
- presents P4C resources and sources of teaching materials
Completion of the course will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Initial Practitioner Certificate.
Online courses: module dates and times
Online courses take place via Zoom and are delivered through three four-hour modules. The course replicates our face-to-face training, with a committed trainer working with you throughout to:
- offer very practical and interactive sessions
- build a community across the modules
- prepare you for implementing P4C
The requirement from participants is to attend and engage fully with all three modules of your chosen course. As with our face-to-face courses, cancellations are chargeable.
The module dates and time of each course listed below are as follows:
- Monday 13 July, Tuesday 14 July, Wednesday 15 July: each session runs from 9am to 1pm
- Tuesday 4 August, Thursday 6 August, Tuesday 11 August: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm (SOLD OUT)
- Friday 7 August, Friday 14 August, Friday 21 August: each session runs from 9am until 1pm (SOLD OUT)
- Monday 28 September, Monday 5 October, Monday 12 October: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm (SOLD OUT)
- Wednesday 30 September, Wednesday 8 October, Wednesday 14 October: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm (SOLD OUT)
- Tuesday 3 November, Tuesday 10 November, Tuesday 17 November: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Thursday 5 November, Thursday 12 November, Thursday 19 November: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Monday 16 November, Monday 23 November, Monday 30 November: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Wednesday 18 November, Wednesday 25 November, Wednesday 2 December: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
Occasionally places become free at the last minute. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list for any of our courses, please email your name, school or organisation (if applicable) and which course you'd like to join to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll let you know if a place becomes available.
Booking online courses
Please use the blue Book buttons below to book your place. If you experience any problems during booking, please email email@example.com or call us on 01865 408333.
EEF Project or Going for Gold School? Please do not book online but contact us directly to book your places.