P4C Foundation Course Level 1
In light of the current Covid-19 public health emergency, we have temporarily suspended course bookings for our Level 1, Level 2A and Level 2B courses.
We are working to create an online training offer as quickly as we can and, in addition, we hope to run a full programme of courses from autumn 2020.
Please check back regularly for updates. You can also read our latest Covid-19 Update.
Start practising P4C with your students
This two-day course will enable you to start practising P4C with your students straight away. You will learn how to:
- Encourage philosophical questioning and dialogue
- Facilitate a P4C enquiry in your classroom
- Identify resources to stimulate rich discussions among your students
The Level 1 course:
- Introduces the theory and practice of P4C
- Provides tools to develop students’ questioning and thinking skills
- Connects P4C to the curriculum
- Demonstrates philosophical enquiry in practice
- Presents P4C resources and sources of teaching materials
Completion of the course and the facilitation of six P4C sessions will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Initial Practitioner Certificate.
Browse our current Level 1 courses and book your place below. Before booking, please note
- The reduced Going for Gold rate is only available to schools taking part in our Going for Gold programme.
- Going for Gold schools and schools taking part in the EEF Trial should call the office on 01865 408333 or email email@example.com to book training.
- All Level 1 courses listed here are two-day courses. The dates given below show the first and second days of each course, which may not be consecutive. Courses typically run from 09:00 to around 16:00.