P4C Advanced Course Level 2A
UPDATE: We are currently experiencing an issue with online booking. To book a course, please call 01865 408333 or email email@example.com. We are working to fix the issue as soon as possible.
Online and socially-distanced face-to-face options available
Delivered via Zoom, in four 3.5 hour modules over four weeks, our online Level 2A is a cost-effective and flexible way to advance your P4C skills while face-to-face training opportunities are limited.
Our face-to-face Level 2A takes place over two full days. All face-to-face courses will follow current guidelines on social distancing and hygiene.
Go straight to booking
Advance your P4C skills for higher quality enquiries and learn how to support less-experienced colleagues
Have you completed Level 1, including facilitating at least six P4C enquiries, and been using P4C regularly for at least six months? Are your students starting to ask higher order questions and to self-facilitate? Do you want to start supporting colleagues who are less confident or experienced in P4C?
Our Level 2A course will advance your skills in conducting higher quality enquiries and in supporting less-experienced colleagues. You will learn how to:
- facilitate P4C enquiries with more flexibility and reflection
- enhance learning through critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- drive progress in philosophical enquiry at your school
The Level 2A course:
- examines the nature, purpose and methods of philosophical enquiry
- shows how to choose and create materials to stimulate deeper philosophical thinking and dialogue
- extends practices and tools for better philosophical thinking and facilitation
- strengthens understanding of the theory and practice of critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- establishes criteria for planning and evaluating progress over a cycle of P4C enquiry, exercise and review
Completion of the course and coursework will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Facilitator Certificate.
Participants must have completed the Level 1 and hold a SAPERE P4C Initial Practitioner Certificate.
Online courses: module dates and times
Online courses take place via Zoom and are delivered through four modules lasting 3.5 hours each. The course replicates our face-to-face training, with a committed trainer working with you throughout to offer very practical and interactive sessions and build a community across the modules.
Information on the module dates, times (all UK times) and trainer for each online course will be posted here once when the next online courses open for booking.
Face-to-face courses: module dates and times
Course 3418, with Julie McCann (Liverpool)
Monday 18 and Thursday 19 May: each session runs from 9am to 4pm
Book your course
UPDATE: We are currently experiencing an issue with online booking. To book a course, please call 01865 408333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not use the blue buttons below. We are working to fix the issue as soon as possible.