P4C Advanced Course Level 2A
Online and socially-distanced face-to-face options available
Delivered via Zoom, in four 3.5 hour modules over four weeks, our online Level 2A is a cost-effective and flexible way to advance your P4C skills while face-to-face training opportunities are limited.
Our face-to-face Level 2A takes place over two full days. All face-to-face courses will follow current guidelines on social distancing and hygiene.
Go straight to booking
Advance your P4C skills for higher quality enquiries and learn how to support less-experienced colleagues
Have you completed Level 1, including facilitating at least six P4C enquiries, and been using P4C regularly for at least six months? Are your students starting to ask higher order questions and to self-facilitate? Do you want to start supporting colleagues who are less confident or experienced in P4C?
Our Level 2A course will advance your skills in conducting higher quality enquiries and in supporting less-experienced colleagues. You will learn how to:
- facilitate P4C enquiries with more flexibility and reflection
- enhance learning through critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- drive progress in philosophical enquiry at your school
The Level 2A course:
- examines the nature, purpose and methods of philosophical enquiry
- shows how to choose and create materials to stimulate deeper philosophical thinking and dialogue
- extends practices and tools for better philosophical thinking and facilitation
- strengthens understanding of the theory and practice of critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- establishes criteria for planning and evaluating progress over a cycle of P4C enquiry, exercise and review
Completion of the course and coursework will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Facilitator Certificate.
Participants must have completed the Level 1 and hold a SAPERE P4C Initial Practitioner Certificate.
Online courses: module dates and times
Online courses take place via Zoom and are delivered through four modules lasting 3.5 hours each. The course replicates our face-to-face training, with a committed trainer working with you throughout to offer very practical and interactive sessions and build a community across the modules.
The requirement from participants is to attend and engage fully with all four modules of your chosen course. As with our face-to-face courses, cancellations are chargeable.
The module dates, times (all UK times) and trainer for each online course are:
Course 4187, with Jane Yates - SOLD OUT
Mondays 21 June, 28 June, 5 July, 12 July: each session runs from 1pm to 4.30pm
Course 4200, with Julie McCann - SOLD OUT
Thursday 22, Friday 23, Tuesday 27, Wednesday 28 July: each session runs from 9.30am to 1.30pm
We're planning to run more courses in 2021, so if you can't make any of these courses, please email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list for new courses.
Book your course
Please use the blue Book buttons below to book your place. If you experience any problems during booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01865 408333.
Going for Gold School? Please do not book online but contact us directly to book your place.