SAPERE P4C School Awards
Temporary changes to the Award submission process during the coronavirus pandemic
- If you are able to complete your Award submission, we encourage you to do so. Please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear with us, as assessments are likely to take longer than normal.
- If you are successful, we will notify you that your school has received an Award.
- If more evidence is required, we will ask you to provide this once your school has re-opened.
- Gold Award visits will not take place during this time, but will be scheduled as soon as we are able to once schools re-open.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept cheques for Awards application fees at the moment as our staff are currently working from home. Please contact email@example.com for payment details.
SAPERE’s Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards celebrate a school's progress in establishing high-quality and sustainable P4C.
Our awards framework provides guidance on progression towards achieving outstanding and sustainable P4C practice for students, teachers and the school.
The Bronze Award is for schools which have made a commitment to P4C as a whole school pedagogy and who have started on the SAPERE training pathway.
The Silver Award recognises that P4C is a regular part of teaching and learning within the school. Children demonstrate familiarity with philosophical concepts and questions and teachers are beginning to integrate planning and reviewing P4C across the curriculum.
The Gold Award is for schools which have fully embedded P4C, a fact which is reflected in the school ethos, strategy, teaching and learning. Gold Award Schools can demonstrate that P4C is sustainable and showcase this to others as ambassadors of P4C.
The Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards also form part of Going for Gold, our flagship programme of structured training and support for implementing whole school P4C.
If you have a question about our School Awards, please contact Jen Simpson, Assistant National Training Manager.