P4C in Initial Teacher Education and Higher Education
'The whole module has been brilliantly received.
100% of students have evaluated it as either good or outstanding and all have made reference to how their thinking has been challenged.'
Caroline Elbra-Ramsay, Deputy Head, School of Education, York St John University
Through our Registered Partner programme, we work with Initial Teacher Education (ITE) institutions, both higher education institutions and teaching schools, to bring P4C to the next generation of teachers.
Our vision is to inspire and enable trainee teachers, teacher educators and colleagues in HE to practise P4C and to enrich their understanding of pedagogy and philosophy of education.
Our Registered ITE Partners:
- offer their trainee teachers a five-hour introductory unit in P4C, which has credit towards SAPERE’s two-day Foundation Level 1 course. The unit can be offered on an integral or optional basis within courses.
- receive training, materials and ongoing CPD from SAPERE to teach this unit
Trainee teachers undertaking the introductory unit will:
- be able to begin practising P4C with their classes
- be eligible to attend a completion/follow-up day leading to a SAPERE Level 1 certificate. All training and materials for students are offered at significantly reduced rates.
To qualify as a SAPERE Registered Partner your organisation needs a member of staff who:
- qualifies as a SAPERE Associate - by completing the SAPERE Level 1 course and attending an induction day or
- is a registered SAPERE trainer
Costs: There is an annual partner registration fee of £250. There are additional costs for the Level 1 course.
To find out more about becoming a Registered Partner, please contact our Partnerships Manager, Lizzy Lewis.
Our Registered ITE Partners are: